I would like to welcome all our returning and new students. Due to the heavy enrollment, I need to remind everyone of a few policies and procedures. These will make the time we spend in the studio go a lot smoother and be more enjoyable for all.
- Classes are paid for at the beginning of each session. Class sessions run for 6 consecutive weeks. Missed classes can be made up only within the current session.
- Lockers are available for currently enrolled students. They can be used for personal items, tools, and bisque. They must be cleaned out at the end of the session.
- Tools are provided for children and teen classes. A limited variety of tools are available for adult classes. These should be returned to the shelves clean. And please do not borrow tools from other students without asking.
- Inexpensive clay tool sets can be purchased through your instructor You might want to consider keeping your special tools in a plastic shoe box in your locker.
- Each student can use up to 25 lbs of clay. See your instructor to purchase additional clay. Some clays may need to be ordered.
- Shelves are labeled for 1) greenware, 2) bisque, and 3) glazed pieces. Work should be signed. If you are not sure where to put your work, ask your instructor.
- We all look forward to ample table space at which to work. All tables need to be cleared after each class in preparation for the next class. Work cannot be stored on the tables except with permission of your instructor.
- Large pieces present problems in construction, glazing, and firing. Please discuss your ideas for large sculptural pieces with you instructor first.
- All wet work must be completed by the 5thweek of the session. No exceptions.
Improperly constructed or glazed pieces can damage the kiln or other students’ work and cannot be fired.
- Clay on Main has selected certain clay bodies and glazes that work well in our studio. If you wish to use other clays or glazes you must check with Dolores. No exceptions.
- Please help to keep the studio and tables clean. Do not eat or drink in the studio.
Check the website or with your instructor for any changes in open studio hours.