Reminiscent of a 60’s style coffee house, the venue is a community endeavor to create a local music scene for the enjoyment of both musicians and those who like music.
- Show times are from 8 to 10 PM $10 donation Coffee, tea, and light refreshments available. Dining room entertainers pre-show: 7:15- 7:45pm.
- Please park in the church parking lot. **
Fall 2019 Half Moon and Dining Room:
October 4th- Mike, Paula, & Rich
Mike Andrews and Paula Taylor of Meadowood Music, who perform as a husband/wife duo, become a trio when their friend Rich Dodson joins them. This trio has made a tradition of playing at the Half Moon every Fall. What’ll they play? Who knows? Maybe Irish dance tunes or ballads, 60s folk tunes, tunes by Hoagie Carmichael, the Grateful Dead, John Cougar Mellencamp, or John Prine. It will be guitar, fiddle, mandolin, banjo, and bass. It will be a lot of fun. Learn more about Mike & Paula!
- Dining Room (Pre-show): Norm Williams-sings and plays mountain dulcimer, guitar, banjo, ukulele, and native flute. His specialty is Old-Time Appalachian fiddle and gospel songs and other folk (as heard in his 2017 solo recording, “…a wayfarer; songs of hope and encouragement.” You’ll love Norm’s gentle humor and tasteful choice of tunes. Come hear him live.
Learn more about him at https://www.awayfarer-normw.com
October 18th- Hannah Violet Trio
An acoustic Country-Rock-Folk band that performs covers and original songs with sometimes tender, sometimes funny lyrics. The trio’s gained a loyal following because of their genuine talent, sincere connection with the crowd, and ability to pull a range of styles of music together to create a simply enjoyable and down-home sound. Hannah Violet, Mitch Miller, and Phil Pilorz are a breath of fresh air that bring you the collective sound of two fiddles, mandolin, guitar, dobro, bodhran, male and female vocals, and a wonderfully relaxed, upbeat atmosphere. You won’t want to miss this concert! Learn more about Hannah Violet!
- Dining Room (Pre-show): Bill Jester – vocalist and multi-instrumentalist performs Country, Folk, and Bluegrass tunes on guitar, banjo, mandolin and fiddle. His music, delivered with bits of wry humor, is a joy. What a lovely start to the evening at Clay on Main!
November 1st- Dean Smith
Singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist born here in Berks County, now lives in Virginia, but sometimes comes home to do a concert. Lucky for us, he will returning to the Half Moon with some friends to play Folk, Country, and Rock covers… plus some of his original tunes. It’s going to be a great night!
- Dining Room (Pre-show): Jason Nye-singer, songwriter, guitarist who is also a talented landscape painter will play some cover tunes and some of his originals, kicking off a singer-songwriter evening at Clay on Main. Maybe he will bring some of his paintings too? Learn More About Jason!
November 15th- Down by the Glenside
A wonderful Celtic band that humbly pays homage to the Irish generations that have built this and many other great nations worldwide. In the spirit of the Clancy Brothers, Tommy Makem, Luke Kelly, and the Wolfe Tones, Down By The Glenside brings you the traditional sounds of Ireland. Who is in the band? BRIAN FINK – fiddle, vocals, MARILYN MOEDINGER- tin whistle, vocals, JOE PASCUZZI – mandolin, bouzouki, TOM WEBSTER – guitar, vocals, ROB RILEY – bodhran, BRENDAN ZEIGLER – tin whistle, vocals. The band invites you to join them for a pint (Clay on Main welcomes you to BYOB) and a song or two!
- Dining Room (Pre-show): Mike Petrauskas- usually performs with the band A.KA. (who will be playing at the Half Moon in 2020), this evening, he will be singing and playing his guitar, either solo or with one or two other musicians. You’re sure to hear at least one or two Guy Clark tunes in his wonderful mix of music!
December 13th – Crow Hill
Crow Hill is known for high-energy, audience-engaging music with tight vocal harmonies supported by tasty instrumental work. Based in the Bluegrass tradition, Crow Hill sings songs about old home places, leather gloves, and country churches. The band performs regularly at Bluegrass Festivals, picnics, private parties, Church events, and – lucky for us – the Half Moon Cafe. Come see Judy Terwilliger (fiddle/vocals), Steven Simpson (banjo, vocals), Matt Wlasniewski (guitar, vocals) Mark Strauss (mandolin, bass, vocals), and Andy Wlasniewski (ukulele, bass, vocals). You’ll love these guys!
- Dining Room (Pre-show): Eighteen Strings with guest Bonnie Wren-This local trio debuted at Clay on Main, and now returns with their friend Bonnie Wren as a four piece act. Bluegrass, Folk, and Gospel tunes and songs to kick off a night of traditional acoustic music. Bonnie Wren – vocals, Larry Swanson – guitar and vocals, Jim Mathis – mandolin, Eric Simms – bass guitar. Join them for music, fun, and camaraderie.
**Please be considerate of Clay on Main’s residential neighbors (who park in front of their homes on Main Street) — park in the parking lot for Friedens UCC at 337 Main Street, a few doors from Clay on Main. Enter Clay on Main through the front door into what used to be the living room of the building – now an art gallery. Turn left into what used to be the dining room of the home to enjoy the Dining Room act. Head to the back of the building through the kitchen (still a kitchen), and pick up snacks — chips, dip, pastries, cheese, fruit, coffee, tea, and ice water are provided (BYOB). Continue to the back of the building to the “Half Moon Cafe” for the final concert of the night.
Please bring a few dollars to put in the tip jar for the Dining Room Act and $10 as a donation for the Half Moon Cafe concert. Please bring friends and family. Children are welcome when accompanied by an adult.
All Half Moon Concerts – Vinny Rose – Emcee and Sound Technician
Vinny introduces Half Moon Concert performers, sets up and runs the PA system, and announces upcoming Clay on Main events. When you visit the Half Moon, please take time to thank Vinny for everything he does.
Don’t forget to check out our Open Mic Nights!
For more info on these dates and more, click HERE.